DIY Supplies: Metalworking
Use: Metal Drilling
Model Number: Screw Hand Thread Tap
Material: High Speed Steel
Plug: Thread Metric Plug
Screw: Machine Screw
- Application: Hand taps are the most versatile tap for hand use, or for tapping under power. Hand threading tap is popular for use in general machine tapping or CNC tapping. Appropriate for tapping the vast majority of materials in through or blind holed conditions. Plug style are generally used in thru holes.
- Screw Hand Thread Tap Size: M3×0.5, M4×0.7, M5×0.8, M6×1, M8×1.25, M10×1.5, M12×1.75. High speed steel taps are for making new threads or re-threading, carbon steel is for re-threading/cleaning up threads.
- Screw Hand Thread Tap Point Cut: The pint cut is located at the head of the tap, approx. 2-3 threads, and takes place over multiple threads. The threads influence the load of the torque on the tap, and thus also the service life. They also influence the tapping and centering behavior. The more threads a tap has, the less forces act during tapping.
- Feature: The straight flute is used for through holes as the chip crumbles and falls through the hole. The overflow shank has the same diameter throughout and is always smaller than the core diameter of the thread.
- Adjustable Tap Wrench: Double-end adjustable wrenches, also known as bar wrenches, have one threaded handle which is attached to one of the clamps. The clamp is opened to insert the tool and then tightened down against the tool to secure it. This type of tap wrench is used with larger taps and where there is room to turn a larger wrench.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.
CA PROP 65 WARNING
BE CAREFUL. Always wear eye and ear protection along with dust masks. Avoid using blades, bits while in loose clothing. Keep hands, body, clothing and hair away from the cutter. Do not remove safety guards, and be sure to always feed against the cutter rotation. Never use dull or damaged cutters. Disconnect power when changing blades or making adjustments, and always leave the power disconnected when not in use. Follow all safety recommendations of the power tool manufacturer. FOXBC Company assumes no responsibility for defects, damage, or injury (direct or indirect) caused by misuse, abuse, alteration or modification
of any product (including sharpening).
WARNING: Re-grinding of FOXBC products will produce dust of potentially hazardous ingredients. Always read and follow owner’s safety manual of all power machinery before using bits. Always use eye protection while using this or any carbide cutting product.
WARNING: FOXBC products can expose you to chemicals including lead and/or cobalt, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
WARNING: Drilling, sanding or machining wood products can expose you to wood dust, a ubstance known to the State of California to cause cancer. Avoid inhaling wood dust or use a mask or other safeguards for personal protection. For more information go to http://www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
You may also like
Our goal is to help woodworkers and artisans across the world to get their most affordable and top quality replacement parts.
Try It Risk-Free!
Backed by a 100% money back guarantee, you have nothing to lose!
Warranty - Promise
100% Satisfaction Guarantee! If for ANY reason you are not satisfied with this item, you may return it within 30 days for a full refund or replacement.
So why wait? Order Yours Today and Get Your Planer & Jointer or Band Saw on the Right Track!